My Life in France by Julia Child is both enchanting and delightful. I am halfway through and loving it. I am inspired to live in France, become a jolly gourmand, speak with a funny accent, traipse around the world with my beloved having grand adventures, and create daily culinary delicacies for all my family and friends.
From page one, I was inspired to become a Julia Child apprentice. Last week I found one of her recipes that is on the easier side of things. I went Gourmet with Julia Child by creating this dish. Drum roll please!
Ooh how fancy:) The translation in English is not nearly so upper crust sounding, Chicken Breasts Poached in Butter, but the dish in either language is utterly divine. It was very easy and rather quick which is important for a weeknight meal.
The recipe includes rice and I topped it off with a glass of white wine. I highly recommend that addition.
Julia focuses on flavor and taste and is not so concerned with making the lite version of things. This decadence is not something we can do every day or every week even, but definitely a requirement on special occaisions. Josh and I both sighed in happiness at each bite.
We are discovering the enjoyment of creating and partaking in good food and it is a wonderful thing. I can't wait to see what culinary adventures await us!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! We love to hear from you!