12.18.2011

Surprise!

So, Friday December 16th was my graduation day. The day of my commencement ceremonies at the University of North Texas. To be honest, it wasn't even on my radar. I had no idea.

But someone else did! In October, when I passed my final exams, I had mentioned to Josh that the whole thing was super anti-climactic. I got a two sentence long email signaling the completion of my graduate career. No announcements, parties...none of the celebration of graduating from college. I had no desire to attend the commencement ceremonies, but it all felt a little weird. Not quite real.

He took me to dinner that night and I after that I didn't really think about it. I was very happy to be graduated and life moved on.
 
Until Friday night. I thought we were going to the Rutherford's house for a game night. We hadn't done that in awhile and I was really looking forward to it. 

Then to my surprise, when I walked in the door, everyone said, Surprise! Happy Graduation!

I was very surprised, a little confused, but very happy.


Once I figured out that Josh had arranged a little surprise get together to celebrate my graduation on what would have been my commencement day, my heart was so full of thankfulness for my thoughtful hunny who remembers my words and whose actions make my heart glad. What a gift to have a husband that celebrates me and my accomplishments. 


He secretly planned, scheduled with friends, bought decorations, a cake and my favorite wine, and even tracked down a commencement robe.


Our sweet friend Amy helped make the mortar board and diploma. She even put up green balloons to represent the Mean Green.


We had such a fun night playing games and hanging out. We are so thankful for our sweet church friends who have been our family here in the 'Ville. And I am so thankful to have such a wonderful husband who makes me feel so special and loved!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go Josh and Amanda!! Celebrations are important!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! We love to hear from you!