Yesterday evening, I went for a run. Not a long run, just an easy jog down Frankfort Ave, the dimming sun lighting my way.
Solitary runs are good for the soul. I soaked in my surroundings, catching glimpses and sounds of busy restaurants, tinkling wine glasses, and jazz. Oh the jazz. Dodging couples strolling and dogs on leashes becomes a dance to the tune of "It had to be You."
I ran past bars full of friends anxious for a holiday weekend, celebrating early over a frosty pint. I ran through crowds waiting for a table at the best Mexican hot spot in town, strong margaritas making their wait, and their conversation, all the more delightful.
Pounding the sidewalk, past the fire station and Oscar's Hardware. Through the fancy ladies getting out of fancy cars next to Porcini's, perhaps the fanciest bistro on all of Frankfort. Past the public library, whose friendly facade welcomes all. Past sparkly shop windows and the quiet bakery, closed for the night. Finally, looping around the street light, my half way point.
Then back, retracing my steps...all the way home.
Sounds lovely!!
ReplyDeleteyou have a gift for writing!
ReplyDelete