After our summer of travels from San Antonio to Dallas, from Dallas to Amarillo, from Amarillo back to SA, from SA to Seattle (and then Canada) and then back to SA once again....off we went, to Kentucky.
We left San Antonio after church on Sunday, July 11th. We worshiped with our family and friends at Redeemer, one last time. I cried like a baby from the start of the service. I would like to think it was my mom's fault. I mean, she started it.
We were sad to go, but so thankful for the many blessings that we had enjoyed in San Antonio, especially our church family. Redeemer was how Josh and I met. Our Redeemer family loved and mentored us through our dating relationship, engagement, and marriage.
Needless to say, we were overwhelmed at the thought of leaving.
In addition to leaving our church, we had to leave my parents and our puppy dog Shiner who must stay in San Antonio with grandma and grandpa Briggs (and of course, Uncle Pepper) for the next year.
I might have cried half way to Dallas, or at least almost.
We were driving away from San Antonio, the friends, the family, my furry love Shiner, and also the food.
We can't forget the food.
After I got my boo hoo's out (or at least mostly), we were (and are) so excited to be on this new adventure together. There is no one I would rather do this with than my dear sweet husband. We have set out together to establish our lives in a new place, a new home, new friends, a new church, all while remembering and keeping in touch with our many blessings back in San Antonio.
So far the Lord has been abundantly faithful. We have made some wonderful friends who already pretty much feel like family. We have a great church, a cozy new home, and the list goes on and on.
I also think that I might have had the best Mac n' Cheese of my life at Lynn's Paradise Cafe.
Seriously, you should come visit and try it.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting! We love to hear from you!